Good day everyone,
I have some questions I would ask you to consider today as you study chapter 9. I think the answers to these questions will reveal something about God’s character that we may not have considered thus far.
- How did Jesus heal this man? What method did he employ?
- Why did Jesus spit?
- Why did He use spit to make mud?
- How much would he have had to spit to make enough mud to cover the man’s eyes?
- What might the blind man have been thinking when he heard someone spit?
- Why did Jesus send the blind man to the pool of Siloam?
- Where was this pool located? Were there any other water sources he could have sent him to?
- Do you recall any other incidents in the Bible where Jesus spit?
- What might the beggar’s journey to the water have been like? What might he have been thinking?
- What might those who saw him stumbling through town with mud on his eyes have been thinking?
- Does what Jesus asks the blind man to do, seem unreasonable?
Looking forward to thinking through these things together!